找回密码
 加入华同
搜索
黄金广告位联系EMAIL:[email protected] 黄金广告[email protected]
查看: 1812|回复: 0

Ottawa Via Online Game - buy wow gold

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-2-22 17:26:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Cops in Indiana have wizards to thank for catching up with a wanted man hiding in Ottawa.( N: {0 y, `9 d6 s  H' @

. b9 Y5 j8 I; s' m3 R
6 [+ @3 a' l4 p" ~4 h. x! rNot real wizards, though, but rather the kind cheap ugg boots you find in the online video game World of Warcraft, aka WoW.
: J& g. H( I2 T4 Z: K/ s( I. N
; G5 \8 J# ]0 w7 f9 }
. z; g4 Z1 r, \7 P" ?; MAlfred Hightower was wanted on drug charges by police.0 c0 L9 O; m0 \2 O6 Z5 m
0 A) W9 q/ Y/ `, J- l! ]
  D" ]6 h9 p1 |; D6 p9 `; @, n- H3 I4 H, K
Apparently Hightower chose to keep a low profile by limiting his activities to playing video games. But, because the type of game he was using was online, all anyone needed was his IP address to find the computer he was playing on.
- q' M4 T8 j; S; w9 {0 P# f' k
0 b0 e6 }5 J. q# w" r" @
9 T8 B2 i7 m+ X' yInvestigators in Kokomo, Ind. managed to convince Activision Blizzard, the company which operates the game, to do just that.
+ Z2 z  u7 k: k$ o$ ^; ?8 W$ c  [, h- ]; }: g& O' J4 L) [4 R

0 M! b, m0 e; q* a' E1 ~. `Once the American cops received a billing address, computer IP address, online screen name, and preferred server, they contacted the RCMP and Hightower was picked up.
. Y1 Q& k5 ]! D2 Y# H3 Y( M; v# _$ n* l' f

$ y. b# }, \3 N: n( j3 ?; cHe was expected to arrive back in Kokomo on Tuesday and appear in court there this week.
6 {4 z8 m& c- ^; |1 ~, X
: j7 H1 H+ X2 |4 [( w; n  J! L% ]2 O9 V1 D7 K
According to the website Geek.com, Hightower&rsquo,cosplay costumes;s online identity cheap wow gold in the game involving witches and warlocks was Rastlyn. The site is attempting to start on online chat to find out if he was arrested while playing with his character — a level 80 Tauren Shaman.
0 e: m" F$ x% l/ h7 `4 A
+ u# T5 y2 q& x/ w4 c5 y8 k* E3 k+ V  E  Y; N$ [
Site commentators Hightower, or whoever logged in at that address, must have spent a lot of time playing to reach level 80.
( w* m# x+ L& ]' N" H" i# y1 _3 X9 Z; q( B" E8 P

% U# B- I& Y% ^; q& sKokomo sheriff’s deputy Matt Roberson told the website AFP that he knew about the game World of Warcraft because he used to play it.6 R% p5 f* R- F% F
6 X7 U2 d. m: D/ N- K
( N5 @& Y$ r$ Z8 K
“I put that information in my pocket and continued to gather evidence,” Roberson told AFP.$ Z, U. e  j* G! ?0 B0 @* I. m+ A
, Z5 i( t3 Q% `& W  u. d+ B/ c
# L, K+ x6 u% j  U6 \
Spokesman JP Vincelette says he “won’t confirm or deny” if Ottawa Police were involved in the arrest. “We don’t comment on the investigation of another agency,” said Vincelette.
. I0 `/ ]1 W: t. B; Y/ P4 n8 s
6 C" @4 @) @6 b9 `9 ~/ _
2 V+ `9 X# d3 A+ A, G" UThis isn’t the first time Roberson has used the Internet to make an arrest.+ O6 R. @; o" N6 O- Y) G. [7 n3 f

" q  m4 j: m6 M7 o' |
( R  g6 a$ b( `% B8 c6 XHe was able to nab another drug dealer in Kokomo on Tuesday after tracking him down on social networking site Facebook." @9 _8 v) M! p4 o* X$ k8 q/ e

2 `/ v/ m' D+ M, H1 Q6 P0 I# U' V
+ L/ ~3 P3 S3 `5 w6 y“I knew the guy’s name but I had no idea what he looked like. So I  his name into Facebook and there he was — along with buy wow gold incriminating messages on his wall and a picture of him in a motel with a stack of money and some marijuana,nike shoes,&rdquo,jordan shoes; Roberson told AFP.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入华同

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|华人同志

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 20:18 , Processed in 0.087339 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.